Hi friends, Alicia here from Sew What Alicia. I have always wanted to try my hand at creating a custom backpack so when I walked into Michaels the other day and found this blank backpack I was over the moon excited! The backpack was a little tricky to work with so read on for all my tricks for this custom retro car backpack tutorial.
Custom Retro Car Backpack Tutorial
This post contains affiliate links. You never pay more but we receive a small fee if you purchase through our links.
Blank Backpack (This drawstring backpack would be super cute!)
Get the full tutorial HERE.
- Use newspaper or cardboard to fill the backpack to make pressing easier.
- Try using varying sizes of car to make the backpack more interesting visually.
- Avoid using vinyl on the back because it will get a lot of rub and it won’t hold up well to the wear and tear.
- Try dying or painting the backpack before you add your vinyl for another fun custom touch.
- Add a name label to be sure that this backpack never gets stolen!